four of these lovely red and pewter beads complete
at this point these things move along quite quickly --
we'll be working on the rest of the necklace in no time!
at quilt guild meeting last week I picked up another charity quilt kit to work on
I have found that I can make one of these things in about 3 or 4 days
breaking up the time at the sewing machine is kinder to my back and shoulder and knee
and that seems like a reasonable time to make a quilt in
we've been using a heavy fleece for both back and batting on these, doing the quilting through the top and the fleece then rolling the fleece over the edge to make a "binding"
pretty easy considering I've never tried to machine quilt anything bigger than a place mat!
work continues on the Wild About Flowers piece
the first of the sunflowers is now ready for it's stem and leaves and center
I did end up top stitching around each of the petals that are 3 dimensional, so it took a while to get all of them pinned down in their proper places
the Hoffman Challenge piece is being set together and the outside "frame" strips are being added
and I've nearly finished another aspen tree on the trees piece
another strip for the Christmas afghan finished
these are a variety of colors and widths depending on how much of the yarn I have for each one
this was a small ball left over from another project
ok, I know this looks just like yesterday's swatch
trust me, it is not
this one, for instance, is on gauge for stitches
rows - eh, not so much, but as I long ago learned, row gauge is not nearly so important for the kind of projects I make because usually you work until you reach the proper measurement -- it just means I work a few less rows to get there
so the sweater has been cast on and is at 0.244% complete
uh, that doesn't sound like much