Sunday, October 17, 2010

done and done again

after the lengthy process of getting the actual instructions to finish it, it took me less than 10 minutes to do the job

so -- TA DA!!

the diaper bag is finished -- all customized to my daughter's specifications and ready to be loaded up with all of the necessary items

this was actually a good exercise in discipline for me -- I don't follow instructions real well (and in my defense I've been sewing for over 50 years, and most of the time I know what I'm doing and have learned the short cuts to get there long ago!)

so now I'm ready to be "off leash"!
yesterday afternoon I finished the embroidery of the symbols on this piece

so now we're on to making the quilt "sandwich" and starting in on the quilting -- which should be interesting

moving right along!

it looks like I'll have this finished well within the deadline for submissions



I'm getting near to having the baby quilt half way quilted as well

and about half of the second vest for fencing knitting is done too

we picked these up at the store yesterday

the outside of them was so pretty I had to take pictures

and while they look like apples in color and patterning, they are actually late season peaches

strange

very, very strange

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Peaches dressed up for Halloween!