Thursday, October 28, 2010

shopping and stitching

design work on this year's Christmas cards is well under way

one of the things I needed was a new black stamp pad (the one I'd used for years was a cast off from an office I once worked in)

I went off to the local hobby supply store and spent some time looking at stamp pads

Oh My!

so, I settled on this one

my thought is that I'll be able to use it for fiber projects too -- unlike a pigment ink, which just sits on the surface, this one is a dye ink, which should actually go into the fiber when I use it for those things

now we'll see if I'm right
time at the sewing machine yesterday afternoon produced this piece of fabric that I plan to use for the cover of the paper doll book

I've decided that the right approach for the lettering is a piece of fabric across the cover (probably diagonally) that has the embroidery on it -- this decision based on the fact that there is too much dark color for the embroidery to show up well if I just embroider on the patchwork

so I'll be setting that up soon -- the nice thing about that is once I set it up the machine just runs along on its own while I get to work on something else -- the ultimate multi tasking!

and since we are approaching the Christmas season and I have still a few items to complete, being able to multi-task is a very good thing


yes, its another late night knitting photo

the baby sweater from the knitting for fencing project is all done except for the buttons

I've decided to wait on buying the buttons until I know how many I'll need for the size 5 version and get them all alike

so last night I cast on the required 136 stitches for the last of these -- and worked the first 5 rows too

rollin' right along

I'm off this morning to my applique group to show off the Dream Rocket project and the baby quilt even though both of them are not quite finished -- I just think it is the only chance I'll have to show these off to this group before they both go off to their respective places

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, that's funny: you're trying to add dye and I'm trying to get rid of it.