Sunday, October 31, 2010

we interupt the creative studio activity

for something much more mundane

since last winter's storms took down big chunks of fence we've been working a little at a time to repair and rebuild them

last week, before our daughter and her husband and their dogs came to visit we had replaced the little corner panel, so there was no chance of the little "houdini" terrier escaping the yard

when we did that we decided that the larger panel to the left of it really needed to be repaired too -- the 2x4 cross pieces were really warped and some of the fence boards were split

yesterday we went out and took out that panel board by board, replaced the 2x4s and put up the new fencing -- more "Zeeba" fencing -- I have a real problem with tossing usable fence slats in the trash, and I really like the variations in the boards even if other folks don't (which makes me wonder if that was why my neighbor decided to put up the new fence between her house and mine before I could get to it -- I'm thinking she didn't want zeeba fence) oh well

anyway, after all that physical work I just didn't feel up to doing a lot of work in the studio yesterday -- so I sat in my recliner and worked on the trees project (more and more little aspen branches being added) and quilted on the baby quilt (almost 3/4 of the way done) and knitted on the final "sweater for fencing" piece (I'm not quite half way up to the arm holes)

meantime, today is Halloween, so I'll be hanging out in the living room for a while this evening with the grates up so the dog can't get in there or out the front door

Halloween is NOT her favorite holiday -- or mine either

this little pumpkin that the squirrels planted for me is the extent of my decor -- along with the plastic container full of candy that is all pre-sorted -- I put the kind we like least on top to give out first (don't tell me you don't do that too!)

I'll be on the look out for small squirrels wearing masks and hauling pillowcases full of goodies -- they must have wanted to have their very own jack-o-lantern so they planted this (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

have a happy and safe Halloween!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, I love it! Thank you for the laugh!