Wednesday, October 27, 2010

one step closer to done

the quilting is done!

I ended up free form "writing" over the surface of the quilt with a single word -- "COEXIST"

after I took these shots I trimmed the edges all nice a square and cut the bias fabric to create the binding which I hope to get machine stitched to the back so I can work on the handwork tomorrow at my applique group meeting

it's pretty exciting that this piece came out pretty much as I imagined it in my head -- who knew that could happen?!


and while I was working on stuff yesterday I got all four pages of the paper dolls bound around the edges

time to start creating the patchwork fabric that will be the "cover" for this book

I'll be using the same floral prints that I used to do the backs and bindings of these pages and I'm thinking about using a pieced pattern called "Graham Crackers"

still trying to decide if I'll do the machine embroidery of the title on a separate strip that I can stitch across the pieced fabric or if I'll just embroider right on the piecing

and yesterday I baked the cookies for the cake I'm making for my daughter's baby shower

I won't need all of these for the cake, so of course there will be cookie munching between now and then (and these are one of my favorites -- give me half a dozen of these and a mug of milk and we'll call it breakfast, ok?)

so today we'll be making our monthly Costco run and maybe another errand or two

time to roll on out

No comments: