Friday, October 01, 2010

sanity knitting

it's been a long week

Tuesday morning as we were loading the car to travel the DH re-injured his shoulder -- I'm the official driver for the duration (and it's looking more and more like he will have to have surgery on that shoulder)

Tuesday evening my sweet son-in-law helped me move stuff for the charity auction to the facility that I am doing the prep work in

the last two days have been a blur of sorting and organizing and paperwork so I could meet the deadline for getting the auction catalog to the printer

last night I had a short reprieve -- the paperwork was done (including two big posters), the auction catalog had been emailed off to the person responsible for the printing, there just wasn't anything else I could work on

enter the knitting -- I had started this little hat on Monday -- finished it last night -- this is the larger of the two white ones, and this pattern is pretty cute -- except for that whole tassel thing, but hey, whatever -- and now one quarter of the hats for fencing are complete! I even cast on the next one and did 6 rows on it (same pattern, smaller needles)

today is set up for the auction -- I have some help coming to help us deal with moving tables and arranging items on the tables -- easy stuff really, but pretty time consuming

tomorrow is the auction -- I'm glad we're nearly done!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I almost had rotator cuff surgery several years ago. Damaged cartilege in there. Then the surgeon mentioned that the surgery could make it worse, and that did it: no thanks, I'll manage, 'k thanks bye.

And it did actually get better. Gradually, with physical therapy. Good luck to him.