Wednesday, October 13, 2010

meantime, back in the studio

work on the bag continues

yesterday I finished the back section -- large pocket installed, bottom panel attached --

and the two side panels with their pleated bottom pockets -- which is where I made the only deviation from the pattern so far -- the pattern called for the installation of cord and cord locks at the top edge of those two pockets and my daughter asked me to just use elastic instead, which I was happy to do

today I should get the entire outside of the bag completed -- then I have to figure out what I'm going to use as the lining (our joint shopping trip didn't consider that little detail) -- I'll be prowling through my stash to find something appropriate -- poppies would be good, but I know I don't have any fabric that fits that description, so we'll see what I can come up with

the last of the hats for fencing caps is complete

this hat is even more attractive in this color than it was in the navy that I used for the first one

so, now that all of these are complete, its on to the vests/sweaters that are the last of the required knitting project

I used this same yarn to cast on the first of those last night -- and got about a third of the way through the ribbing -- the pattern is one of those standard "knit all the pieces and sew it together" types, but I made a little modification and will be knitting it in the round -- no seams except at the shoulder

when we got home last week I stripped the tomato plants and we had a couple of flats of tomatoes sitting around ripening for the last week

yesterday the DH made it into some very tasty pasta sauce which we put up in 8 pint jars

we'll be enjoying this summer bounty for a while during the coming cold weather

YUM!


today I hope to finish stitching the paper doll people on the blue planet piece and maybe get started on the embroidery work

and the quilting on the baby quilt continues too

onward!

No comments: