Wednesday, October 20, 2010

new projects

heh, yeah, but not the ones I was already working on (which I still haven't take pictures of -- sorry)

so maybe it should be NEW new projects

the cookie cutters are for the animals I'll be putting around the cake I'm making for my daughter's baby shower -- we're doing a very non-traditional cake for this event (go figure!) and decided that little animal shaped cookies as the "decor" would be perfect

I'll be mixing up the dough tomorrow and doing some baking on Friday -- oh, and I'll be doing more cookies than I need for the cake -- some just for us to enjoy!!
this is how a lot of quilt projects begin here in the studio

with photo research done on the computer

because I know that the Hoffman fabric will be available to me soon (like mid-November), we're starting to play with ideas for the Hoffman Challenge quilt for next year

something about the fabric makes me think of the Kentucky Derby -- we'll see where this all goes

so today I'm making a quick run to Denver to pick up some stuff from my mother and drop off some stuff at her house -- not much else will get done, but sometimes that's just what we need to do!

onward!!

No comments: