Wednesday, October 06, 2010

still recovering

while I was in the midst of it I had not realized just how stressful last week was -- I'm still recovering

it was good yesterday to try to get back to what resembles normal

last night I finished the smaller white hat, so the knitting of hats is half way done -- moving right along -- and I have the first of the watch caps for the boys cast on -- it's navy blue, so I'll be real glad the pattern is very simple


the stitching on this piece has begun

I'm doing a hand stitch very close to the cut edge of each piece -- I started with the white since there are the most of those and the smallest as well and I want to make sure I get those little pieces stitched down first before they have a chance to come loose

since I have never worked with this fusing stuff before I was concerned that it would be hard to hand stitch through it, but it actually was pretty easy, which was a pleasant surprise, and the work is going pretty quickly -- another good thing

quilting on the baby quilt continues as well

today I have to spend some time getting the family room ready to receive the new chair that is being delivered this afternoon and since the weather is now getting cooler, I will be out in the garden stripping all of the tomato plants of whatever is still there

time to get moving

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Enjoy your new chair!