Saturday, January 08, 2011

Art in Public Places

the DH had his pre-surgery appointment with his doctor yesterday afternoon

every time we've been in there (after the first visit) I've intended to take along my camera to get pictures of some of the art work on the walls of the larger public areas in the building

yesterday I finally remembered to take the camera

these three pieces are ceramics

and these two (along with one additional similar one) are metal

when I initially saw these the first impression was that they were fiber

which they are not, but the impression still lingers

after all the running around that we had to do yesterday, I didn't get a lot of work done in the studio

I did manage to get all of the previous day's ironed fabric folded and sorted and ready to go into the bins -- and I'm now wondering if they will even fit

and there are these

all hand beaded leaves that I wanted to have available should someone at the trunk show want to buy one for use on one of their own projects

the beading had been done for a long time, but I still hadn't done the touch up of the edge threads that I do on them so the mechanics of their building dissolves into the background when you look at them

finally got that done yesterday

and got some work done on the patterns for the trunk show, so we're moving right along with that project

even worked on the color map for the Hawaii piece

so today we get to go and pick up a friend who is coming in from California

partly to see us (and I hope to get in some art projects!)

and partly to see our new grandson

heh, like who wouldn't travel half way across the country to see such a cute kid!

so of course, while in the car, there will be knitting, and I've decided it's time to start on the 2011 mittnz blitz now -- after all, there are 22 mittnz to be knit!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, look at those eyes. My heart is melting. He's beautiful!