Saturday, January 29, 2011

working -- slowly

the current big "get 'er done" project is the 2010 tax filing, so I've been working on schedules, forms, etc., so when the rest of the tax documents arrive I can get these finished

no, it's not that we'll have some big refund coming -- we don't get those -- but we don't have to pay, which makes me happy too, but I just want these to be finished and off my list!

this is the first of the beading tubes for Desert Dreams

this is a netted tube -- made up of size 11 and size 15 seed beads and 3 mm copper beads

so now it's on to the next tube

(and I'm still thinking about how to "frame" the big piece of desert picture jasper that will be the "focal bead")

for a couple of days I've been trying to decide if the approach I had taken on the Hoffman piece was going to work

I know that the way I want to do the stitching of these little pieces through the tulle on top will work, but I'm just not happy with the way these look -- the edges aren't completely straight and there is significant fraying going on

the last piece I had done that involved little pieces like this I did a combination of fusing and hand applique on, and it came out really well

so I've decided that is the right approach for this project too

yesterday I started drawing the patterns for the pieces on the back of the Wonder Under (being careful to make sure they are drawn on BACKWARDS so when they are fused to the fabric and it is cut the finished pieces will be right side up)

I think this will look a lot better

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

One guess what that sequence registered to my brain, and I had to go wait, no, wrong number of black keys.