Sunday, January 30, 2011

totally tubular

tubular beading that is!

the fat one at the top is the one I finished the other day, the bottom skinny one I did yesterday afternoon

one of the ideas that is floating around in my head to "frame" the stone for this piece involves creating 3 dimensional cactus around the edges, so I'll be looking at some pictures of cactus for a while to try and figure out what technique I want to use

yesterday I went back to the hat project

in this picture I had pinned the flowers, leaves and vines to the hat

and there running up from the vine swirl you can see what it is that has put this project on hold for now

that sort of blue gray line is not just the picture -- it is actually in the hat -- after many, many loads of felting, one of the pairs of blue jeans that I use to add friction to the felting loads decided to fade again -- grrrrr

so now I need to actually dye the completed hat to even up the color before I stitch the flowers to it

looks like I'll be making an order to Dharma Trading, and if I'm ordering stuff for this hat I might as well order stuff for a couple of other projects I'm thinking about doing

and the valentine's are coming -- spent some time printing some very cool graphics on card stock so I can get these finished this week

yup, I'm back to juggling several projects!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

What a cool hat! Wow. Felted hats, much less flowered ones, are a spectator sport here so far. So much talent!