Wednesday, January 26, 2011

old project, new project

now that the outside of the hand bag is basically finished, I needed to start doing something for the lining

this will be a pocket on the inside so I have a place to put my business card holder where I can quickly get my hands on the cards (the DH calls me "the fastest business card in the west" for my ability to get those into the hands of someone who asks very quickly!)

while I was cutting the fabric for this, I went ahead and cut out the entire lining as well as the closure flap (and installed the magnetic clasp) and the straps

moving along nicely!
this is the beginning of a new project that is currently titled "Desert Dreams"

my plan is to enter it in the Fire Mountain Gems competition for seed beads

which means it must be finished, photographed and the entry postmarked by March 1

and at this point I'm not entirely sure what the whole design will look like, but I've decided to just jump in and see what happens

unlike my usual approach, where I create the focal piece first, this time I'm beginning with the "chain" while the focal piece continues to form in my head -- interesting

today I hope to get over to my local Costco and get some shopping done

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Love love love the bag and I can't wait to see what the beads turn out to be.