Thursday, January 13, 2011

report on the play day

yesterday we decided we were going to experiment with water color pencils on fabric

we had a lot of fun playing with the pencils -- applying the color to the dry fabric then using a brush with plain water to get the color to "flow" then going back over the wet piece with the colored pencils some more

this picture is what I ended up with at the end of the day






and this is my friend's work

ok, I'm feeling a bit inadequate

but the point of this exercise was for me to learn from her and to have fun with the materials

which I did


so today we're going to try regular colored pencils on fabric and see what we get


oh, and tonight I'm giving my trunk show to my local guild -- hope I don't sound like a babbling idiot!
mitten number one of 22

this one is a very small mitten

and I'm already half way up the mate for it

looking good!

No comments: