Friday, January 07, 2011

pretty foxy

this morning as I was "tweeking" my pictures to write this morning's post, my dog suddenly started barking in her "I'm the very big dog" voice

I could hear my husband get out of his chair, and then he was yelling "come quick"

so I'm running up the basement stairs from where my computer is, thinking something bad happened

there in my back yard was a red fox! and he hadn't told me to bring the camera, which was down with the computer at that moment, so this is a "stock" photo, not one that I took

as we watched, the fox went up into the little group of trees in the yard and up and over the fence into the field behind

just as I was starting to turn around to go back down stairs, a second fox ran across the back yard and went up and over the fence too

WOW, oh WOW!!

and no wonder our dog was going nuts
so after all that excitement, the little post I was going to do about other things seems a bit -- tame

but here it is

I finished the last of the leaf blocks yesterday, and now I'm ready to work on making up the patterns for my trunk show

yippee


I spent over an hour yesterday afternoon ironing all of the fabrics that I had washed -- they are all laying in a big pile flat on the table just now, so later today or tomorrow I'll be folding them and sorting them to go into the bins

today has been designated the run around day -- trips to have eye glasses repaired, a doctor's appointment, pick up a repaired item, office supply store for ink cartridges, groceries -- so I can finish up with the cleaning and arranging tomorrow morning

hopefully some studio work in between

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

No camera? They outfoxed you! But wow, how cool was that!