Saturday, January 22, 2011

Long overdue update

Wow - I can't believe it's actually been more than a week since I was out here to post

and it's been a very hectic week at that!


last weekend we were at my daughter's house with my friend from California

while we were there, we did some playing with pastels, a medium that I have not played with before

these two pieces were my attempts -- the pumpkins along the fence was my second try, and I'm much happier with it than with the first one

it was fun, but I think I'll be sticking to my fiber mediums

on Wednesday, the DH had the surgery to repair his shoulder

the surgery was much more extensive than had been anticipated, and took longer

with that extra time and between taking care of the "patient" I have finished up the quilting on the lighthouse water color piece that I started a couple of weeks ago

I've now trimmed it square and cut the binding, so I hope to have it finished in the next day or two

this was a really fun project, and I hope to do some more things with the water color pencils -- as soon as I get a chance to get some of my own


these are the mittnz 2011 knitting so far

three lovely pair -- two size XS and one size S


last night I started working on the first planned Christmas present for 2011 -- it's a crocheted afghan -- I know crocheting something this big will take me quite a while to complete because crocheting bothers my wrist, so I'm allowing a lot of time to do it

and it is that lovely time of year when I have to do taxes --- pffffftt! --- I have already finished up all of the required sales tax returns already though, so I've got a good start made --

onward!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I hope he recovers well and wish him and you all the best.