Tuesday, January 25, 2011

projects return!

you may recall that I was working on creating a red wool hand bag back before all the craziness began

I've been working on it again in the last couple of days and have now finished the outside of the bag itself

next step is the handles (straps? I like to be able to sling my bag over my shoulder) and the "flap" for the closure

and of course there is the lining and whatever pockets/dividers I decide to put in there

I do like the way this is going so far



stitching has begun on my piece for the Hoffman challenge this year

because I'm using several different techniques for this piece (and because the design keeps "morphing") it's been hard to decide when I was actually ready to start sewing on it

yesterday just seemed like the right time

so here is the beginning -- such as it is

the Christmas afghan is 10% complete

I've never done this kind of crocheting before, and it's really fascinating to see the color (and geometric) pattern appear as each row is complete


yesterday we made the first post surgery trip to the doctor for the DH -- he was given 2 stretching exercises to do (30 reps, 3 times a day) -- and he's to stay in the sling other than that or bathing -- it will be a long, slow recovery, but hopefully much more successful than the other side was!

tax time is upon us -- several hours spent yesterday creating reports of inventory, etc., for the business schedules -- all of which made me realize I need to get back to work -- putting stuff on Etsy and eBay soon would be a good idea to get us started for this year --

just add that to my list of stuff I need to do

No comments: