Monday, January 31, 2011

valentine project

yesterday I decided that even though there are a lot of projects that should be worked on I just needed to work on something fun that I could actually FINISH in one sitting

a couple of hours later I had created all the valentines I plan (right now) to do -- and it was FUN

(ok, it would have been more fun if my daughter had been here to play too, but I know she's working on her's at her house)


some more work got done on the Desert Dreams piece -- there are now three tubes complete -- and after I did some graphics searching yesterday, I'll be working on some sketches for how I want to do the center piece

I still haven't decided if I will be gluing the stone down and doing bead embroidery around it or if I'll put the stone in a net and create 3 dimensional off loom woven beading around it --

this morning my entire routine is in total disarray -- a major winter blast of cold air is on its way (the HIGH temperature tomorrow is forecast to be -3 degrees!) -- so when we got up at about 7, we took off to the grocery store to pick up what we need (milk, dog food, etc.) until about Thursday, then filled the gas tank in the van and headed home to "hole up" -- about half an hour after we got back, the snow began -- we're not supposed to get much snow, but oh, the cold!

I'm glad to be able to just hang out in the family room (where the extra space heater is) and work on projects

maybe I'll even get something finished!

No comments: