Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Sparrow Hawk Sighting!

on Sunday afternoon my daughter saying "what's that big fluffy bird on the fence?" brought this beautiful creature to our attention

since their house is in a largely rural area, there are still wide open spaces for birds of prey to hunt in these birds are still seen there

the close up is a little blurry because my little digital camera was purchased with the need for taking of really good pictures close up, so those distances are a bit fuzzy

and the patterning on the wings when he'd had enough of sitting out there on the corner of the fence? AWESOME!!

more Christmas revealing!!

my son-in-law painted this and gave it to us for Christmas

I really love it

he's a very talented guy

I'll be hanging this in my gallery of original art



we got home yesterday afternoon, so I'm finally able to download pictures from my camera (the old cable for it went belly up while we were away, and I've been limping along ever since)

this is the state of the sweater I've been knitting for the DH

all of the pieces on the needle together and working the decreasing in each row to create the yoke now

there is a lot of stuff that I need to work on today -- laundry, cleaning, organizing-- its amazing how things pile up when you're away for almost 3 weeks!

into the fray!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Wow! What a beautiful bird. What a beautiful painting. What a lucky husband!