Saturday, July 09, 2011

hats and beads and Christmas (!?)

I stitched 9 more leaves onto the aspen trees yesterday, for a total now of 22, but I'm not going to take a picture every day -- you'll just have to take my word for it

I did take a picture of the progress made on the sun hat, however

the brim is all stitched, turned, top stitched (in concentric rings) and ready to attach to the crown

and the inside and outside pieces of the crown are ready to be put together to have the brim added

still need to cut a strip of bias to be the band on the inside when I set these together -- hopefully today
since I had finished the rework on one lapis piece and I had all of the right color beads already out in the work tray I decided to go ahead and do the rework on this one too

this one doesn't need as much work -- I won't be taking the back off of this one, just redoing the fringe

which I took off yesterday

I'm thinking a branched fringe using the seed beads and the e beads that were used in both the "chain" and the bead embroidery

maybe

as I look at the piece in the photo I'm wondering if it could be improved by turning it 90 degrees to the right and hanging the paisley by the narrow edge of the curve

hmmmmm -- I'll get back to you on that

yesterday afternoon I decided I needed to take some photos of some more pieces to add to my Etsy shop

and I found this piece

which I did a while back and now I think it doesn't look quite "finished" either

that's right folks, it's another rework piece

after the blue paisley

maybe

it's that time of year when I start thinking about making Christmas cards if I make them all by hand

when I was in Hobby Lobby last weekend with my daughter I found this rubber stamp that just says "possibilities" for this year's cards

there will be some fiddling and experimenting with this until I settle on something that I can make quite a number of without it being so labor intensive that I can't get anything else done

the front lawn got mowed before I posted here today -- and a trip was made to the Farmer's Market -- time for some breakfast now, then to work in the studio

No comments: