Tuesday, December 19, 2006

good things in small packages


this idea was one that just couldn't wait until all the other projects were done!

While it may look like a big piece in the picture, it only measures 1 1/4 inches across. The center is a lampglass heart bead that is red with a gold irridesant wash and the beads around it are all size 15s (which are considerably smaller than the size 11s I usually work with).

The piece is all stitched and will be mounted on a red leather backing with a pin finding.

The idea for this was a sort of collision between the idea that we will be doing a show in Des Moines, Iowa, just shortly before Valentine's Day and its good to have some less expensive pieces when going into an area we've never been in before.

Now that I have taken this little break to create this new idea, I can go back to finishing the quilt! Actually, I'm now quilting in the border section (which looks like a checkered flag), and then I can put together the binding (which I think is going to be the left over pieces of the brick work I built for the race track.

Time to get busy!

3 comments:

Nancy G said...

Very pretty, I like it!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Very cool, Bev, and I love quilts! Be sure to show us when you're finished. =D

Bev said...

thanks to you both!

Nancy, I'm glad to see you back on line, it must mean you're feeling better.

Kelly, pictures are DEFINATELY in the plan!