Wednesday, December 06, 2006

working toward Christmas, and new order possibilities

I'm working along on the quilt for my dad. Since I don't quilt in a frame, I always begin at the center of the quilt and work my way out from there. In this case, that means several rounds of "rays" out from the center.

I'm now working on the brick track, first all the lines from the center out, then I'll do the cross lines, then around the details of each of the cars. After that I will have to figure out what to do with the rather large area around the track which is just a plain dark green fabric.....more car outlines? something that resembles blades of grass? swirly irregular patterns? I think I have a couple more days of track work to think about it in.

The knitting project (that can not be named) is moving right along. I'll have to remember to take pictures of it to share after Christmas.

When I went to my email the other day I had a note from someone that has asked us to create a custom dog that will look like a dog she once owned. Needless to say, this was a real thrill, because it means that somewhere my website is being seen and accessed.....hurrah! So now we're working on some design ideas, and doing research into materials.

Today we're going out to do some Christmas shopping. So while I'm in the car I'll be working on the special order bears we need to get finished (the small ones are all stitched by hand, so where ever I can get to this, I do it!)

got to get going!

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Ugh, I still have more shopping to do and the stores are just going to get busier. *sigh* Gotta love the holidays!

Bev said...

well, through the joy of the internet, I have done most of the real "have to buy something" work done....yesterday's excursion was largely a nice day out for DH and I, including a splurge lunch and a lot of design work done over onion rings and cherry coke

my motto is, shop early and often (and I also make a lot of what I give, so I have to start early!)