Friday, December 29, 2006

Here You Come Again......

yes, I can hear Dolly singing, and that's how I feel about this all over again!
It snowed most of yesterday and then the wind blew a lot last night, so "Here you come again!" {sigh}

I woke up yesterday morning feeling kind of "icky", so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked to.

This is the time of the year that I start in on the tax mess.....we have now done our studio inventory, which included pulling some pieces of inventory that we'd been schleping about for more than a year, and setting it aside to be taken apart. Yesterday I managed to get all the rest of that done, so today there will be adjusting of spread sheets and printing of reports. Then its on to recording the expenses for the month of December and getting other paperwork organized....the first tax form arrived yesterday....my daughter's federal tax form.....BLEAH!

We're trying to make the transistion from using just spreadsheets to using a real "accounting" program, and I can tell you its painful....mostly because someone else's "canned" program doesn't really meld well with the way we keep track of raw materials and finished pieces......{sigh} This truly is the part of being self employed that I hate the most, but just can't justify having someone else do it, especially since I spent so many years doing it for corporate.....NUTS!

Here is my exercise in self-discipline......must work on the paperwork first then I can play --- ie: work on the new projects.

Last night I worked on the bracelet some more.....the bead work looks great, and I may be able to get it finished by the time the weekend is over.

Also worked on pinning new critters for stitching.

And 2 of the 96 arcs of the wedding rings are done and ready for the squares at the ends (pictures of those soon)....

So, its off to the tax stuff.......

No comments: