Thursday, December 21, 2006

SNOW!!

We live in the area that is surviving the great Blizzard of '06!

It began snowing here yesterday morning and it has just kept snowing ever since. The snow, however is not the worst part of this. The bad part is the wind. We've had reported gusts of 65 mph. At one point yesterday afternoon, we couldn't even see the back fence from the house, and there was one gust early this morning that was so strong it woke my husband .

Being a "dedicated blogger", however, I fetched out the camera and ventured about the house to take pictures (all from the inside of the house of course, I'm not going out in 5 degree - that's with the wind chill - weather).
This picture is right outside the door from the garage that leads to the shed where I store display pieces, and other stuff for shows. The snow has drifted half way up the door right in front of it, but you can see on the far right of the picture that the stone walk way between the shed and the fence looks like its been swept clean.

This picture is in the same little "court yard" between the fence, the garage and the storage shed. Now this is a drift deep enough to loose a large dog in!
In the front yard, the van doesn't even look it needs much cleaning off, but notice on the left side the line of snow almost even with the van's bumper.....that's a snow drift about 2 feet deep.

This is our back yard. Just to the left of center there is a windmill that is about as tall as I am, and its up on the second step up of about a foot. The snow has just drifted up and around it about half way up the windmill.
This shot is my neighbor's back yard.....they've got a drift from the center of the yard to the top of the back fence.....WOW!

Fortunately, all this doesn't keep me from getting some things done inside!

Yesterday I started a new little pin using a square cab of rose quartz, and its coming along nicely.

The quilting on dad's quilt is done. I got all of the names put in on the green area, and quilted the outlines of "ghost" vehicles on the roadways. I got the binding pinned on, and today I should be able to get it all stitched. So this afternoon, I will probably be doing a "photo shoot" of it.

I have also begun designing a new quilt. This one is for my daughter, and she probably won't get it until next Christmas, but I've decided that in this case, its better to get her "yeah, I like it" early one since it will be (I hope) an "heirloom" piece. I sorted out the fabrics I have on hand yesterday, and I've been playing with tracing paper and colored pencils......pictures of this project to follow too!

Guess its time to get moving!









1 comment:

Nancy G said...

You are more than welcome to "shop in my stash" again for Dorothy's quilt!