Sunday, December 24, 2006

Working until the last minute.....but not on Christmas!

Nope, yesterday we baked and made candy, but I wasn't frantically working to finish a present for anyone.....quite an unusual occurance for me.....I keep feeling like I'm not doing something....

Anyway, I was able to finish this lovely little pin. This is the second of the series made with the smaller beads and the center is a very nice piece of rose quartz. This piece measures 1 1/2 inches square. The back is covered with a soft rose colored upholstry velour.

I tried out a new technique on the edge of this one. Usually I edge with just one bead, but on this one I strung 2 at a time and I really like the finish better.

If I get a chance, I will begin on a bracelet today, but first I have to put ears and noses on 2 bears that need to be "whole" for Christmas (just my own goal)


This was this morning's sunrise. Lovely pinky, salmony against the bluish gray of the clouds and all reflected in the snow below
May each of you have a Merry Christmas, and take time in all of the chaos of presents and food and people to remember the reason for the season.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bev, Merry Christmas! And I see the quilt is done--awesome!