Monday, December 04, 2006

The show season is over.....

for this year.



This past weekend we did what is probably the easiest of our fall season in a little church in Denver.



Here is the picture of the booth all set up on Saturday morning. Just one 8 foot table (that is already in the room, so we don't have to haul it in!). We do have to rethink how we set up and just which pieces get put out after weeks of having a 10' by 10' booth, but I think we chose well.




This picture shows the 2 newest pieces that I had done, along with the Madonna and Child icon that I had finished earlier. The necklace shown here sold this weekend, so I will be designing another one using a different stone.

This was a good show for us, and a nice way to close out the show season.

And I always enjoy the people at this show too.






On Saturday there were some slow times, since it was quite cold and snowy, which gave me some time to work on some more stones for the Let the River Run piece. These are the 2 newest parts of that work.













Yesterday morning's sunrise was beautiful. It had been gray, cloudy and snowing most of Saturday, so sunrise was just a gradual lightening of the gray sky, but Sunday's was wonderful (and REALLY COLD!). Here are some pictures from my front and back windows (I didn't take any pictures outdoors, it was just too cold to go outside in my pjs and socks).


I discovered last night that one of the articles I had written has been published in an on line magazine. I was thrilled!! Gives me more incentive to submit some more articles. If you
d like to take a look at the article that is out there right now, you can go to this address on the web: http://www.bearsandbuds.com/November2006Articles/BB-Bevharing-WhyGo2Show.asp

Even tho' we were gone most of Saturday and Sunday, I have managed to get the quilt top (the one with all the cars) for my dad finished. I will be going today to get the fabric for the back (probably unbleached muslin since there is som much color and pattern to the front). Hopefully by tomorrow I can start in on the quilting.

Meantime today I need to pay bills, do laundry, file the tax forms for this weekend's show and unload the van....after which I hope to spend some time working on prjects, so I need to get busy!

3 comments:

Nancy G said...

Congrats on finishing Dad's quilt top! Have you decided yet how you're going to quilt it?
Nice article, and not a spelling or grammar error to be found; you did good!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

That necklace is awesome, Bev, good for you!

Bev said...

Thanks Kelly!

Nancy, so far the quilting is all "in the ditch", but I'm not sure how I will handle the vast "field" of green that surrounds the track.....