Wednesday, July 09, 2008

a bit of work

moving along on this piece!

I still have not decided if I'm actually done cutting holes in it or not -- there are still places that I could do that

so far I like how it looks

work on quilts continues -- yesterday I spent some time with the premium book from the Colorado State Fair making a list of things that I can enter -- unlike most fairs I've been involved with, they won't let you enter more than one piece in the same catagory -- odd, but ok, I'll just enter in as many catagories as I can fit something into!

Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time sorting through a hugh pile of papers and ended up with a large stack of paper that can be used to print stuff on the back of, a stack of trash and a folder full of documents/pictures/etc. that pertain to family history.

At one time I spent a lot of time (and $$) working on family history, getting original documents, reading census records, etc. -- even made a trip to Oklahoma and Arkansas to locate some family graves and talk to relatives.

The other day I discovered that one of the cemetaries we visited is now listed on line but the listing does not include our relatives -- interesting -- I will be contacting the list owner to see if I can correct the list

Anyway, I'm thinking its time to get back to some of this activity, and I'm going to start by scanning and writing to CDs these picture/documents/etc., so I can share and preserve them.

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

Interestingly enough, I've also been thinking that it's time to get back to working on the genealogy stuff. Great minds, and all that!

Love the way the new piece is turning out; I'll be looking forward to seeing the final product.

Bev said...

yup, great minds! right now I'm just trying to sort through the multitudes of paper.....more to come!!