Monday, July 07, 2008

a weekend survived!

Saturday was HOT!

and I do not do hot well --

In preparation for the arrival of my daughter and son-in-law on Saturday, I decided to make a cake

This is the finished cake (before we cut into it after an otherwise odd dinner -- but we'll not discuss the cooking failures)

I should have known the rest of dinner would be odd -- I had originally planned to do the whole side of the cake with a basket weave pattern but I was busy running my mouth and messed it up then couldn't just remove it with a spatula as usual because I was working under the fan and it had already set up by the time I figured out the problem -- I TOLD you it was HOT!!

Aw well -- it did taste good, and I sent about half of it home with them to be eaten up (we don't need it all here!)













Even the dogs were hot.

(Why is it the "dog days" of summer? they hate it too!)

anyway, the black dog was a melting pile of fur (I'm melting....all my beautiful wickedness...must be the name -- Elphaba -- the witch!)

and even the usually busy red dog was just hanging out


I have now finished the fourth corner of the lambie quilt, so now its on to the bigger center block

Even though it was hot I did work on the quilting of the log cabin a bit more (that should confirm I'm truly off my rocker -- sitting under a QUILT when its over 90 outside!!), and I'm now in the wing pieces on the final angel panel -- and there was knitting on the Christmas project and afghan squares and a child's sweater for charity -- and more beads were put into the angel necklace too -- pictures soon, I promise

Today its the usual Monday chore -- laundry (ever notice when its hot there are more towels in the laundry? Every one of the 40-some kitchen towels and a lot of big bath towels too today -- more showers, more mopping up, more laundry -- and in the summer a dose of bleach in those towel loads to cut that musty, mildew smell)

at least this morning its considerably cooler!!

No comments: