Tuesday, July 22, 2008

the little ol' dress maker -- ME

Finished the first step in the dressing process yesterday afternoon

I'm pleased with the way the dress came out, but as soon as I put it on her and sat her down it became obvious that bloomers are required!

See how she has pulled the skirt down in the middle? You understand what I mean here!!

So, eyelet bloomers are in process, then it's on to the apron -- also eyelet -- and a liner for her basket

Meantime, since clothing was on my mind I started the repair of one of the two items my daughter asked me to repair. Haven't lost my touch, one zipper nearly finished!! (and one more to go)

The work in the field behind us is in full swing. By 7:30 this morning the water truck was spraying and the scrapper was picking up dirt and moving it.

At least they are doing aggressive dust abatement! Even so, we're dealing with dirt in the house and scratchy throats.

Today I'm planning to spend some time with a friend working on a quilt that she has a deadline for, and hoping to get started putting the back on the latest bead work

time to get busy

No comments: