Saturday, July 26, 2008

June Bearry, Raphael and more

Here is the result of yesterday's work with ribbons and eyelet and glue (ACK!)

Most of the time glue is a forbidden substance in the bear studio, but for certain things it is required

like attaching fabric/beads/ribbon and bees to a plastic basket

(note the bee in the basket with the berries and the one on the handle)



and this morning we had the photo shoot

30 pictures from many, many angles

("I'm ready for my close up, Mr DeMille"!)

and yes, there is a bee on her right shoulder, and one on the end of the ribbon on the left of her face



Yes, she's standing up on her own!!

I don't know if its the weight of all those glass beads I stitched to her feet

or the fact that she has really BIG feet

or if I just got lucky when I tries this

(don't you love the way the dress stands out from the waist?!)



and here we are, stitting down to investigate that basket full of berries

we just have to watch out for the bees!










The bear was not the only accomplishment yesterday, however

This is the third and final panel of the angels

Raphael is complete

now I have to figure out how to put these together to give them the illusion of being a 3 dimensional panel even though it is actually flat










finished another block in the recycled afghan project

I cheated a bit on the CroKay edging -- I used a crochet hook instead of two knitting needles -- it went much quicker

I'll be starting block 6 soon



and another of the patterns is now ready, which means I'm now half way with the birdies

This block has 69 pieces which brings us up to a total of 258 so far


Meantime, the quilting on the lambie quilt is half done!! I'm so excited (and tell me, who but a crazy person would sit UNDER a quilt when it's 90+ degrees outside!?)


ONWARD!!

No comments: