Thursday, July 17, 2008

this and that

A while back I started this project

If you were with me then you may recall that it is an afghan knit in pieces

I'm using recycled yarn -- cotton from a sweater that was the DH's and acrylic from a sweater that was my daughter's

(YEAH RECYCLING!)

anyway, I hadn't worked on it much for a while -- a row here, a row there -- usually the last thing I picked up in the evening and then promptly feel asleep mid-row!

so last night I finished this block -- its number 4

on to block 5 soon -- maybe



This is my wild and riotous spending for the month

A whole $11.97 (including shipping)

it arrived yesterday -- YIPPEE!!

the plan is to use it as my exclusive repository for the family history data that I'm entering on the computer program

I had in hand already a 256MB one and a 128MB one, but I wanted a dedicated place just for the family history stuff, and since the 256MB was already in heavy use and the 128MB was just not big enough for all those files, photos, documents, etc., I decided to treat myself.

so -- I'm off and running!!

No comments: