Friday, July 25, 2008

its too darn hot...

(can you hear the Cole Porter music?)

We've had several days of 90 degree heat (and over), so I'm spending a lot of my studio creating time sitting in front of the little portable swampy cooler in our family room!



Last night I finally finished the apron for the bear.

geesh!! aprons are a lot more "fiddly" than even the dress was -- all those edges to be hemmed

So today I'll pull out the fabric glue and stuff to finish up her basket

I'm aiming to be able to do a lengthy photo shoot with her tomorrow



The pattern for the second panel of the bird quilt is now ready.

This one has 83 pattern pieces, so the total for the quilt so far is 189.

I'll be adding a "progress counter" on the side bar soon.

Meantime, I'm half finished with the quilting on the lamb quilt.


While I am not happy with the heat, my tomato plants and the little crookneck squash are -- we'll probably be eating the first 2 squash in the next few days (I like 'em little!)

I've also been trying to spend at least half an hour every afternoon putting family history information into the program -- the goal is to get it input so I can share it and so I can get rid of a lot of paper! (Not the pictures or original documents, but the reams and reams of notes, pages copied out of books, census reading sheets, etc) Did I mention that I like big projects? This certainly is one as I've been working on family history (off and on) since about 1980 -- more than 25 years -- amazing!

So, its time to get to it!!

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

Bev she turned out just wonderfully!!