Wednesday, July 16, 2008

from the "I'm not done with this project yet" list

Remember this?

Way back in January I was working on this pink bear with the cool beaded feet

and I reached a certain point (as I do some times) and got STUCK!

Could not figure out what to do next.

(suffering from that "I know what I want it to look like I just don't know how to get there" thing)


Well, yesterday afternoon I decided to have a go at putting a face on her.

Here she is!

I used amber glass eyes, and the nose was done in the usual way first then I added all the beads over that.

and had to re-make the ears to get them to a size and shape that I liked

looking good!!

So today we begin the process of creating her "frock"

the plan is to dress her in a dress made of a lovely floral print (that had pink and sort of teal patterning) with a white eyelet apron, then there is the basket of beaded berries and the amazingly realistic if unusually large and bright colored bees to add to the whole effect

So no doubt you're thinking "you haven't worked on this thing since January -- why now?"

well, there's nothing like creating a deadline for yourself to get you moving

I've been filling in forms to enter things in the State Fair, and it occurred to me that there might be a category that I could enter a bear/animal in -- and there is, in the same area that dolls go in

VoilĂ ! Instant self imposed deadline

(and I think I was just ready to work on it again)

The baby quilt got "sandwiched" together yesterday too, so I can begin with the quilting today -- it’s a good thing

time to get moving

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

Bev she is turning out wonderfully! Can't wait to see her all dressed and ready to compete :)