Tuesday, July 15, 2008

goin' to the birds

The first of the patterns has been drawn up on freezer paper -- let the stitchin' begin!!

This folks is supposed to represent a Pionus Parrot (if you'd like to see some AMAZING pictures of the growth of one of these, check out this site and go to the baby bird section. When they are hatched they are all beak! Fascinating.

but I digress -- the color coding is a new item on the actual freezer paper patterns -- I'm hoping it will be helpful in keeping the piecing straight.

Only 102 pieces in this block!!

Raphael now has both wings

Finished up the last piecing on this last night, so now its on to some much larger pieces that should go quicker

I find that the more of this I do the better I get at it. When I first started working on the wings of the first of the angels panels I thought I would never get it finished

(Hopefully this is also good preparation for all those feathers I'll be putting on birds!)























the name's not Mary
I may be contrary
and my garden does certainly grow!

what we have here are the two little rows of green beans (ok, some of them are wax beans and until they make beans we don't know which is which, but it's alright); the biggest of the anaheim chilis (there are about half a dozen of them on the two plants); the first (male) blooms on the pumpkin and one of the several (about 5) tomatoes

Last night we had the first "harvesting" out of the plantings -- the DH used some of the basil in a great fish dish (Yes, I'll be posting the recipe on Hattie's Kitchen today!)

Today we'll be doing mowing of the back yard and spraying for insects -- it seems there is some kind of little lawn bug that is investing our area and turning the grass brown, so we're going to try to head it off before we have to replant the whole back yard!

into the fray!!

No comments: