Sunday, July 13, 2008

fabrics for backing -- and to "paint" with



This is the fabric I bought to put on the back of the baby quilt -- I just love the whimsical print with the pigs and cows and chickens and SHEEP!!

Yes, and here are close ups of the two different sheep poses -- AWWWWW! aren't they cute -- and so "kid like", that I think this is going to make a great back for the lambs

Yesterday I started cutting the yellow strips so I can get the top all pieced together -- maybe today!


While I was in the store picking up the quilt backing, I found these lovelies too -- more "paint" for the parrot quilt.

And I can report that I'm now joined at the hip to my scanner as I've been cutting and enlarging and printing out parts of the pattern for each of the many birds that are in planning for this project.

mmmmmm, I don't know what part of a project I like best -- the planning or the finishing!

Fortunately my back is beginning to feel better, so hopefully soon things will return to what resembles normal around here

time to get back to the web site work------

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

That backing fabric is adorable! You got that at Hancock's? Wonder if I could find it up here...