Friday, July 11, 2008

making lambs

TA DA!

the center block is now complete!! Oh yippie

So hopefully today or tomorrow I can get the blocks trimmed and the top stitched together (the rest of the top is yellow and I'm going to stitch it on the machine)

I was in my "stash" the other day and I think I have the fabric to back it, but I will probably have to go after a batting -- we'll see

Guess I'll have something for "drag and brag" at quilt group next Friday

Meantime I can report that I'm over 25% through the quilting of the log cabin quilt -- moving right along


LOOKIE!!!

we have a tomato!!

I discovered this little cutie while I was weeding and watering on Wednesday

there's nothing quite as rewarding as growing your own produce


For the next couple of days I'll be doing everything in slooooowwww mooootion --yesterday afternoon when we were out in the yard I turned to do something and got that horribly familiar "TWANG" in my lower back -- so if it goes as usual I'll be icing and heating (alternately) and wearing a brace and gulping down ibuprofen every 4 hours for a few days. Guess I'm sharing my dad's pain -- he just had an MRI on his back -- and I know he shared his genetics -- those degenerating discs in the lower back -- OUCH!!

more pictures from the "archives" --
this family group is my great great grandfather, his wife and three of their children -- he was a soldier in the Confederate Army, fought at Shiloh and survived to a ripe old age (he signed an oath of allegiance to the Union after his discharge at Shiloh and some of his siblings never spoke to him again) Can we say the stubborn in my nature runs DEEP!

I don't know who the cornet player is, but the fellow with the double belled euphonium (yes, its a real instrument, not something Meredith Willson made up for The Music Man!) is my grandfather -- WAY COOL!!

and under the catagory of strange circumstance: my grandfather (the one with the euphonium) was one half of the first graduating class of John Brown College. When I was in Canon City, CO, doing an art show in late June there was a group of 3 girls that stopped in my booth to look at my art and chat -- two of them had just graduated from college -- John Brown University!! (cue the Twilight Zone music!!!)

guess that's about it for today's ramblin' -- and about as much time in the chair at the computer that my back can take!

onward-----

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Love the photos!!!!! I wish I had some things like that!!! I'm going to visit my fav uncle soon and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get copies!!!

Laura Lynn said...

Bev your lamb is adorable!! I'm SO sorry to hear about your back though :( Take good care of it!