Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Another piece of glass

One more piece of Rocky Mountain Beach Glass jewelry complete!

I really like the way the deep impressions in the glass look even after a month of rolling around in the tumbler.

This one was such a big piece of glass (1.25" tall, 1.5" wide) that it needed some embellishing, but I didn't want to cover the patterning in the glass itself. Fringing was my answer, although I was not going for that over long dangle look.

I do like the way this one came out.

Next up in the beach glass is a piece of the gold textured stuff.

Sunday I will be washing out the batch of glass that has been rumbling around for a month now, so there should be some interesting pieces there too.

Meantime I'm working on some ideas for two pieces of distinctly Egyptian looking jewelry.

These two extremely similar, but not exactly alike, glass cabs look like eyes to me. I picked these up in an exchange with another artist in Springfield, MO, a couple of years ago at a show. There have been several fleeting ideas about how to use these, but nothing that really stuck until now.

The Eye of Horus is a frequently seen Egyptian symbol, and I'm thinking I might be able to create two pieces on that theme, using these two pieces of glass.

(Here's looking at you, kid!)

1 comment:

Barbi by the Sea said...

Wow! loved your whole post. The red glass is really beautiful. Loved the way you were able to set it into the necklace. Very rich and beautiful. I did bring back a beach agate for you. I will drop it by one of this near days as soon as I finish unpacking my bags from the trip. I was lucky and found several pretty ones in just a few minutes on the beach.