Monday, May 11, 2009

More beach glass

Once I finally figured out how to enclose this piece of glass so I could make it into a necklace I was so excited about it I just kept on working!

I'm really pleased with how it came out.

This means I'll have at least 10 pieces of the Rocky Mountain Beach Glass to put out on the table at our show this weekend. That is enough to actually look like a "line" of jewelry.

We spent some time over the weekend working on how this stuff will be displayed. I'll be doing a "dry run" in the next couple of days with the actual pieces of jewelry, and I'll be taking some pictures then.

And yesterday was the day for the great "wash out" of the load of glass that had been slosshing around for the last month (more or less)

These are the pieces that came out.

Some really nice possibilities here for some future pieces of jewelry!






Remember these from the other day?


I've decided I like the look of these better

So I'm going through and redoing the mushrooms, changing them all to these lovely red topped ones.

Ok, it means I'm not as close to done as I thought I was, but remember this is a Christmas present!!

I've got plenty of time to get it done




It's time for Mittnz!

If you were reading along here last year, you may remember that I participated in a challenge to knit 8 pairs of mittens to be sent to Cheyenne River Reservation for the folks there. Last year this effort resulted in 1003 pair of mittens and other wrist/hand warming goodies being sent.

This year's challenge is to knit 9 pair.

And it's high time I got to it!!

So this little gem (being knit on size 2 and size 3 needles) was started last night. I cast on, did all 20 rows of ribbing and the 6 rows before the beginning of the thumb increases in about an hour and a half.

Since these are to be ready to mail the last week of September, I figure I need to knit 1.5 pair (just 3 mittens!) a month. How easy is that? (Especially since I can usually do some of this kind of knitting in the car as we travel).

Want to join the challenge? Hop on over to Sheep Shots and read up on how to join us!

Well folks, the laundry awaits.......(yeah, if it's Monday it must be laundry!)

No comments: