Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Beach Glass Set-up and a Finished Object

After some fiddling around I finally have a set up for the Rocky Mountain Beach Glass.

Made up entirely out of materials that were on hand, I tried to create that "day on the sand" look for this display.

The "beach" is a piece of rough sandpaper. The "beach chair" is three pieces of thing scrap lumber held together with duct tape hinges. The "beach towel" is a strip of terry cloth ripped out of a towel that had seen better days but still had a few "good" spots. The sign was printed on my computer printer on cardstock, and is held together in that tri-fold shape by a piece of tape. Only the shells are the real thing, and these came out of a box of goodies that were my grandmother's (the kind of "green" use she would highly approve of!). I would have like to have a little sand castle or a mini bucket and shovel, but those things were not in the "stuff I've collected and just can't throw out" box, so this will do.

I have 10 finished pieces of beach glass right now and hope to have at least one more finished by Friday --- and maybe have some "on hand" with me to work on at the show.

A finished object!!

And just for me!!!!

This is made out of a piece of the complex cloth, with some quilting embellishments.

I thought about adding some glitter fabric paint, but frankly I wanted to get it done before the weekend.

This is going to be used to protect my "darth vader" sunglasses (you know, the kind that fit right over your regular glasses) while they're bumping around in my bag.

I'm not as happy with the actual design of the finished object (it's a little uneven and the button closure isn't the best) as I am the cloth it's made out of, but it will do the job it was designed for.

Meantime I have quite a bit more of this lovely fabric to do something else with --- as soon as I figure out what that is!

time to get to it

No comments: