Sunday, May 24, 2009

Puttering about

This is what happens when the grocery store puts fruit on sale for $1.00 a basket

We bought 10 baskets --- ate one right away on cereal (mmmmmm, fresh raspberries on cereal)

Two baskets went into the freezer to be used to make this yummy cake that the DH came up with

And 6 baskets got made into jam

Ah, the lovely "ping!" sound the jar lids make as they are sealing themselves

Pretty, pretty raspberry jam --- like a mouth full of sunshine on top of the slice of toast

yummy!!

Remember I said there were issues to be dealt with in our set up?

Well, our local fabric store was having a sale for the Memorial Day weekend, so we went to take a look

Those baskets are a sort of corn husky outside, and we plan to paint them a silver gray and use them for carded pins or earrings in our booth.

The fabric is an upholstery fabric they had on sale. It has a lovely stone on blue grey pattern on one side with the reverse side being --- well, reversed!

The plan is to make up some display pieces for the beaded jewelry using this fabric.

Oh yes, that picture frame was in the garage --- we've been hauling it around for a while. We plan to paint it the same color as the baskets and put a padded covered panel inside that we can pin a beaded piece to for display.

And, I started reworking this piece yesterday

This was the very first bead embroidery piece that I designed, and originally it was made up as a necklace.

About a year and a half ago I decided it would work better in a frame, but I just hadn't done anything about it.

During Friday's trip to the craft store, I found an oval wood frame that I think will be perfect.

So, now I'm reworking this piece to fit

(Nothing like actually getting into a show to get me motivated to work on stuff!!)

The DH filled the little problem in the frame (hey, when you get a frame for $1.00, you expect to do some work!), so now it's ready for me to start painting

Onward!

No comments: