Saturday, May 02, 2009

Robin and giraffe

now he can see!

While I was afraid that the white spot would be too big, once I put the bead eyes on, he looks great!

Now I'll be working on some sort of flowers for the bird house





Under the catagory of "oddities in the studio" --

the picture on the left is a piece of PVC pipe, wrapped in quilt batting and tied with thread (to keep the batting from shifting while I'm working with it) which is intended to be the "spine" of the giraffe

the picture on the right is the body/neck/head of the giraffe after I stuffed the head and inserted the "spine"

some sort of weight in the rear end of this critter will be required to keep it from doing a nose dive, so I'll be devising a bag to be inserted in the back end with a hefty dose of plastic doll pellets in it. (Probably an over sized "yoyo" made out of unbleached muslin)

Got to love these engineering things that go on

time to get to work!

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Wow, the robin turned out really well! And the giraffe - well, I gotta tell ya, right now it looks like some sort of eyeless snake that just ate something - LOL!