Friday, May 08, 2009

the "eyes" have it?

The giraffe eyes are looking good!

After the first painting I decided to use some Micron markers to do the black pupil, the ring around the outside of the iris and some of the other detail because I handle a marker better than I do a paint brush

These are all ready for the clear glaze, which I plan to put on today --- then tomorrow I can get back to assembling this critter.
and talk about great timing

this picture was in our paper yesterday ---- one of the new babies at the Denver Zoo

so cute!

and gives me the kind of detail of the face that I need to work on the project I'm doing!

Guess I'll be figuring out a way to do eyelashes to go with those eyeballs!

This is the first object to be made out of the "complex cloth"

I've already made the lining/batting/top sandwich here and done the quilting both around the stamped leaves and some that is just quilted shapes in the open areas

Serious consideration is now being given to the addition of glitter puff paint use in some areas

Oh yes, this is intended to be a case for my sunglasses (the kind that go entirely over the regular glasses) -- lookin' good



Having finished up all of the numbered ladybug suit, it's on to the mushrooms

These went a bit faster --- guess I'm developing a system for creating each one in the graphics program

Having these done means I'm now over half finished with the number cards --- the face cards will definately take a bit longer --- those will all have to be hand done since each one will be different --- but I'm looking forward to those

time to get movin'

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Ah: so you're not creating custom glass eyeballs for the giraffe in the zoo. Gotcha.