Tuesday, May 26, 2009

giraffe ears and bookcases

no, I didn't finish the giraffe and just forget to tell you all about it

I've sort of been working on other things (what a surprise -- NOT!)

Anyway, these are the ears

I needed to create something that would curve and come to a point but not require turning and using a wire

So although the giraffe is knitted, the ears are crocheted

Now it's on to the horns and eyelids (yes, I said eyelids!)

And this is now in the living room!

The bookcase that the DH designed and built to match the bench (remember the bench?) , all to go with my loom.

The bookcase has a "wicked" history of it's own, being that it was the piece he was working on when he had the close encounter with the rip blade of the circular saw (which is healing up very nicely, thanks)

So now what I really need to do is move some things around so I can actually put things away in the bookcase, then repair the loom and get it warped up.

{sigh!} so many projects, so little time!!

No comments: