Thursday, May 07, 2009

Here's looking at you -- continued

Seems we have a theme running here

Tuesday it was the Eye of Horus glass cab eyes

Today it is these little lovelies

These are for the giraffe

they are wood beads that I strung onto a bamboo skewer to work on (I hate having to paint my fingers every time I work on something like this, so I'm always devising some kind of "handle")

they have had 2 coats of white paint and a circle of warm brown painted on

today the pupils and the "spokes"

this giraffe is definately turning into a learning experience -- I've had the instructions for making eyes this way for a while, but I've never tried it (and even this first time out, I've "tweeked" the instructions as they call for using paper clay to form the "marbles" to paint on --- but these wood beads were just the right size, so there ya go)

I actually cut into the "complex cloth" and started making the object I had in mind when I created it. (and did I remember to take a picture to show ya'll --- of course not, but I will, I promise)

The piece of gold glass was another "I can't figure this out" deal, so after 3 attempts to build some sort of frame around it, I'm moving on to something else and will go back to that one. Meantime, we have a show the weekend after Mother's Day, and I still haven't figured out the whole display thing. I really hate the idea of just plopping these out on PVC t-bar stands, but right now that appears to be the only choice I have ---- I think I better work on this a little more the next few days --- browse around my accessories tub, see what I can come up with.

time to get to it!

No comments: