Saturday, May 30, 2009

Final pieces, sticky stuff and a "freebie"

Ok, these don't look like much, but they are the last pieces I needed to create before the great "put together the giraffe" work

These are eyelids (trust me here!)

So now I can sit at the table and put all the pieces together

Pretty exciting!!

Pictures of the process and the finished project to follow


mmmmmm, more jam!

This is the time of year when the berries are in season and the grocery stores here put them on sale at really good prices

This is Bumble Berry jam

Part raspberry, part black berry, part strawberry

all absolutely yummy

Oh, and that little dish there? There was just a bit left over when we filled the jars --- can you tell I've been dipping crackers in it (shhhhh, don't tell!)




This is my victory over the grocery bill for the week

Now that Kraft has taken the MSG out of most of it's salad dressings, I watch for the coupons in any publication that has coupons, and I watch for the grocery store to put the stuff on a sale (which they do really often.

Yesterday we were in Walmart to pick up 50 feet of plastic fencing (I need to keep the labrador out of my garden!), so we decided to walk around and pick up a few other things we needed.

They had a big display of the salad dressing priced at $1.33 per bottle. I had a coupon for $1.50 off the price of a bottle.

Yes folks, Walmart paid me $0.17 to carry this out of their store

Victory is sweet (or it's light italian in this case)


In case you're wondering, yes, I'm still working on the bead pieces. But for as delighted as I was to get the letter telling me I'd finally been juried into the show in St Joe's the end of August, I am equally unhappy at this point as I'm not going to get to do the show ---- I get to have major surgery this summer instead.

{sigh!} ok, everyone tells me I'll feel a lot better afterwards and next summer will be just great, but I'm bummed none the less

Anyway, I'll get to those beaded pieces, and I'll post pictures when I do

time to get busy

No comments: