Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Elephants on parade

they are not pink however

the stamping is done, and yesterday I used sponges and brushes to paint shrubs and grasses all around the elephants

now I can use some markers to do more details before I start putting in stitched details

so far I'm pretty happy with the way it looks



this is the fabric that I will be using with the elephants

the dark green is a piece left over from the back of the quilt I made for my son-in-law last year

there is a teal and magenta batik and a gray moda

the gold and green fabric is a piece I created during the shaving cream experiments when I was in California the end of June




and this is the next step in the new quilting project

a colored version of the drawing

next step on this project is to draw the grid over the copy of the colored drawing so I can start creating patterns

painting and stitching will start soon!

No comments: