Tuesday, August 04, 2009

movin' along

oh lookie!

finished all of the beading up the side of the bank (sorry about the poor photo quality --- I forgot to take the picture until after dark and the light bulbs make everything look sort of yellow)

even did one row of beads all the way across the top

before too long I'll be telling the DH that he needs to build the frame for this piece!

(look out red brick store building --- you're next!)






the zebras are all ready to be quilted!

this will take a while --- the plan is to stitch along each zebra stripe to give them even more "dimension"

so now I'm thinking about what animal to do for the next piece --- elephant? rhino? hippo? lion?(don't expect to see any monkeys --- I just don't like monkeys)

rubber stamp cutting coming soon!


yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, so I spent a bit of time working on another afghan square, which I finished up last night

the doctor says I can now go up and down the stairs twice a day --- yippee --- that will make things easier --- still no lifting, driving, vaccuuming, mowing ---

I did get permission to take the trip to deliver my stuff to the State Fair the end of next week as long as we stop half way each direction for me to get out of the car and walk around

so where will I go today with my two stair trips --- garden? laundry (I can't carry stuff down there but I could sort it into loads and get at least one started!) we'll see!

No comments: