Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ready for framing

the beading work on the bank is all done

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out --- can't believe how much the beads actually look like the materials of the building

I'm not going to make the final decisions about framing until I get a couple more of these done since I want them to be displayed together (even though I'll be willing to sell them individually)

next step in this project will probably be one of the two stores that I want to do

meantime, today's beading project will be to cover wood beads with seed beads to go with the giraffe piece --- that should be fun


I finally got the elephant stamp cut --- the stamp is on the left here and the print is on the right

now I'm thinking about what I want to do the stamp on for the fiber piece --- what size, what color, and what else I want to do around it

I'm pretty pleased with how this came out --- it's still that "did I do that" feeling

and just when I though the zebras were getting close to being finished, I spent considerable time yesterday tearing off all of the binding because it didn't look "square" --- hopefully today I can figure out which way needs to be trimmed and get back on track to get it finished (a quarter of an inch doesn't look like much when you do an oversized quilt, but on a small piece, it shows)

I spent some time up in my garden yesterday, pulling weeds and thinning the beets and the carrots

there on the far left is the surprise I found when I was weeding around the squash plants --- a zucchini, just the right size for eating!

there are enough more carrots from the thinning to have another batch of glazed carrots, and I'll use the tinest ones (along with those tiny beets) in a salad


no, this isn't snow --- it's hail

we got hammered last night

I'm pretty sure that most of my garden is history

{sigh}

No comments: