Sunday, August 02, 2009

stitching progress

finished the embroidery on this block of the leaf wallhanging

I really like the look of the shiny yellow rayon thread --- wish I had some of that stuff in the reds and browns that I used for the other embroidery --- guess rayon thread should be on my "wish list"

After I finished this I did the set up and "kitting" for the next block --- another yellow and brown leaf (I'm saving the maple leaf for last since it has the most really small "fussy" pieces)

Guess I'll be thinking about what to use as the triangles that will be the "stripping" in this piece soon.

and progress is being made on the zebras too

I used an embroidery technique called "turkey work" to create 3D manes on the zebras --- I like the look! (I actually also used that stitch to put the mane on the giraffe piece too)

Putting the manes on these really helped define the boundries between the three different animals.

Used some green rayon thread to put in some tufts of grass --- including some grass in the mouth of the zebra that is looking to the left

I'll be adding some brown and yellow beads to be the "rocks" on the bottom of this piece, then I'll have to figure out what fabrics I'll be using to create the borders/backing/binding.

lookie what came yesterday!

ok, it's not a good picture, but these are my new size 3 (little!) wood knitting needles

I started the silk project last night --- cast on the required number of stitches and worked 7 rows of the lace without any of the issues that I had when I tried to do this with the steel needles --- YEAH!

lace project in process -- yippie

my arm is feeling much better --- just needed to rest it a bit I guess --- and I'll try to rest it today too ---

No comments: