Monday, August 03, 2009

spending time with the camera

I think I have mentioned that this has been a very strange summer weather wise.

Just last week we set a record for the lowest high temperature --- 63 degrees as a high at the end of July is strange

and we had many, many days of rain

on the whole, a lot more like April than July

so my garden has been a bit slow at producing anything other than weeds!


Yesterday morning, however, along with pulling weeds, I actually did some thinning in the carrots, and there were a few wax beans to be picked too --- we cooked and ate these last night (the DH does a wonderful butter and sugar glazing for the baby carrots that is better than dessert!)

This week, the weather is supposed to be HOT --- in the 90s --- much more like summer, and I'm hoping that the tomato plants (which are covered with lots of little green tomatoes) will actually start having some ripe ones!


all the rain had made the gladiolus so heavy that they were nearly laying on the sidewalk, so I cut this one and brought it into the house and put it in a vase

such a pretty flower --- interesting shape, great variety of color --- pale pink, a bit of purple, fuschia edges (the sort of yellow shade in the picture is from the light above the table the vase is sitting on) --- the edges of the petals have great ruffly edges

this would make an interesting mixed media piece --- something to add to my "to do" file


Yesterday I worked on the zebras some more --- all of the "rocks" have been added with beads stitched all over the bottom part of the piece, and the borders have been started --- moving right along!

The bank building is coming along nicely too --- I've almost finished the other side of the "marble" blocks ---

So today I have another follow up appointment with my doctor --- I'm hoping she'll say it's okay for me to make the trip (50 miles each way) next week to take my entries to the State Fair --- otherwise the DH will take them, but I enjoyed the experience last year and would really like to get to go again this year --- we'll see

No comments: